What a Year It’s Been!
2o16 has been my busiest and best year so far. Each year I’ve managed to raise the bar and this year has been no exception. I try to set myself goals at the beginning of each season and this year I’ve achieved each one which I’m really happy about. I have had some great team and individual results with the highlights being:
- Under 21 World Champion
- 5th in the Golden Helmet, Czech Republic
- Gold medal for Rospiggarna Speedway Club in Sweden
- Gold medal for Region Varde Elite Sports in Denmark
- Silver medal with Belle Vue Aces in the UK after topping the league ladder
- Successful first season in the Polish PGE Ekstraliga for ROW Rybnik and being voted ‘Discovery of the Season’ in the PGE Ekstraliga
- 4th World Cup with the Australian Team
- 2nd U21 Teams Event with Australian Team
- 10th GP Qualifying final
- 3rd Australian Senior Solo Championships
Committing myself to four leagues in the UK, Denmark, Poland and Sweden has had it’s challenges and means a punishing racing schedule for me once you take into account my individual U21 and team commitments, selection in the World Cup team and participation in the GP Challenge qualifying events. But I’m not complaining. It has been my dream to compete at this level and I’m learning so much racing weekly against the world’s top riders. I couldn’t have done this without the team I have behind me in the UK and Europe so huge thanks to them.
The down side is that I’ve missed some meetings for teams due to fixture clashes (and a couple of injuries) so I will have to review my commitments next year but I’m really happy about the way the year went on the whole.